Wednesday, March 4, 2009

From the dead..they come

Hey guys!It's me again with a new experience here in Australia.I've been having Anatomy frenzy recently *Studying till 12am just for Anatomy* as I had to prepare well for the lab session on bones.

So I went to the MS *Medical Science* building yesterday to look at REAL bones and skeletons.What surprised me was we had a guest star appearance in the lab.It was A REAL ARM from a deceased person.Holy ****!!!!!!!!! I heard it as my friends were talking about a girl who puked right after she saw that arm.LOL!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway we had to wear an apron and a pair of gloves.WTH man...they lab assistance purposely tie the apron so tight,the top part of the apron kept protruding out.My chest look as if I was wearing a bra..=_= *Then came laughter and wolf whistles from my frens.. @_@*

Back to the lab..we were briefed that if any of our lab mates look uncomfortable after seeing the Bone and Arm EXPO,help them to the chairs for a rest outside.So off we went,looking at soft bones,long bones and bones with osteoporosis.Seriously,it's no joke.The bones look horrible with Osteoporosis.No wonder they are so brittle.*Drink more milk Kids!!!!!*

We even saw a real CHILD skeleton.Though his arm broke off T_Tlll
Then came the main course...THE ARM!!!!
It was kinda black as the cells have died and the skin was removed.You could see the nerves and veins.This was the most MALU part of the session:

MY fren and I joined a group as the lecturer explained the whole arm

Lecturer : So what part is this? *Holding up nerve*
Fren : Meat??
Crowd burst out laughing
Lecturer : ..It is the nerve *While looking at me cuz he thought I said it..lolz*
Kantoi?Haha..

A girl became weak and collapsed right after she saw the arm.Though she was toguh at first ad kept asking questions.I think she was just that feeling back.

So thats all for today.I gotta go to Uni now..hehe.
Till then....

No comments: