Thursday, November 12, 2009

Dancemania

Yo fello homos *Homo-sapiens* ;)

Well,kinda in the mood to share sumthing personal.LMAO.Random much -_-

But it ain't bout my life or others *Lol sry to dissapoint u*
I'll share my dance personality with u and define a few things that are MISUNDERSTOOD by others.

Well frankly I think everyone can dance.No doubt.Its how good u are or how funky u can get catching onto beats and moving,/grooving to it.

I've danced infront of a large audience before however the feel differs when ur on a dance floor swinging.Honestly speaking,u can get high from the cheering and so on.I tried that once during my college years at some party thing.I actually volunteered to go out on stage and strut my stuff alongside 5 other dancers. *Iswan was one of em :) Shhh~*

From my experience,this situations normally require u to feel the beat and catch the rhythm before moving.If u juz move randomly then u got it wrong as u'll run out of moves and soon stop before the music peaks.For me I kinda do light footwork etc or juz move to the beat before going into dance steps.So yeah,SAM college year was a good experience at club dancing and I was fortunate to have another one during Uni.Everyone practically move away from u and form 1 circle,so its kinda pressuring yet fun when u do moves that garner cheering ^-^

I cant really classify my style based on the given types of dance style available.Im kinda stuck between popping,locking and hip-hop a little.I do like funky songs with beats or specific parts where I can solo freestyle to.My Korean friend calls my dance style K-pop-ISH as I do moves normally suited for stage dance. -_-
Types of eg for songs with beat : Love like Oxygen is funky,Juliette is my fav style and BoA's Eat You Up is nice for leg freestyling. *Sadly I cant find any kicks in Ring Ding Dong,haha the dance steps are juz set that way*

Btw,I think SHINee is not a group based on New School Hip Hop.Before then I thought they were new school too.Apparently not once I wiki it.

"The new school was initially characterized in form by drum machine led minimalism, often tinged with elements of rock. It was notable for taunts and boasts about rapping, and socio-political commentary, both delivered in an aggressive, self-assertive style. In image as in song its artists projected a tough, cool, street b-boy attitude."

In other words,what B-boys do nowadays are called New School Hip Hop.Along with taunts etc,being aggresive and pushing in dance battles.

I blieve SHINee belongs to New Jack Swing more though.

"New Jack Swing, or "swingbeat",is a hybrid style popular from the late-1980s into the mid-1990s, which fuses the rhythms, samples and production techniques of hip-hop with the urban contemporary sound of R&B. The new jack swing style developed as many previous R&B styles did, by combining elements of older styles with newer trends. It uses mellifluously soulful solo or harmonizing vocals sung over rhythms and "street" beats derived from urban musical influences"

Thats sumthing I came across researching today..
AND,I happen to like SHINee's dance style as opposed to Suju,TVXQ or other groups

I prefer trendy dance styles and funky beats along with it.I dun think Im more towards stunts.Haha..normal attire for dance floor : A vest,a cap and white shirt will do for me :D

SO which group am I in?
Haha,u be the judge

;)

Till then,
Rocking the beat is good for the soul.Keep dancing for those who do,especially IX
Peace out yo~ ;p

Btw :
Fact 1) SHINee's Juliette is a cover for Deal With It by Cordin Bleau
Fact 2)Love Like Oxygen by SHINee is also a cover for Show the World by Martin Hedegaard
All are awesome la..haha
Random fact : I can use SHINee's dance style for both songs.hehehe ^-^

Check them out on Youtube ;)

No comments: