Tuesday, February 5, 2013




There was once a Sagittarius,
who fell in love with a maiden
 despite the challenges, remained tenacious,
 day by day their feelings deepen..

"Dear fair maiden, hold thy hand.."
 "to the skies, we soar to seek thou moon."
And thus they soar over the land,
her companionship to him, a much needed boon.

Hours became days, days became months
Like the sun, bright and unyielding with love..
Her inner glow, and warmth
continue to shower the two doves.

Headstrong and prideful as he maybe,
it was his downfall that he didn't foresee.
The days the maiden held on with love,
her grip loosened, retreated to a cove.

Pitch black, the skies grew
and against the rain he flew..
But it was too late,
for a cave now hid his date.

21 hours, for the next 12 days..
he knelt in hopes to change her ways.
The maiden no longer found,
his happiness now bound..

"I will try, and try, and try again.."
"and though this search might be in vain,"
"knowing that I fly against the rain.."
"I only have one question, can I start again?"





I didn't know writing this poem was so painful 
Not to mention the mental block on words..
 I don't wish to resume from where I was
because I only realized how little I know about you..
Watching other people today made me realize
how easily it is to take your soulmate for granted..


The fundamentals of understanding lies in how well you know the other half..
The more experience, the better
I was foolish to think one minor event sealed our trust and didn't move on from there
I was confident that we could be together forever
and let loose my grip..


Though I doubt you will read this..

but I never intended to play games through out the days you weren't here..
it may sound like an excuse but these are days where I spend them with my brother and friends..
while awaiting your return..
Something to occupy my mind so that I don't dread you not being here..
so that I don't pester you day and night expecting a reply..
but it did happen.. and I am sorry.


I was eagerly awaiting your return, and upon it happening..
everything else can disappear, I was putting the final preparations to our Valentines gift
and in the process of making it thought a lot about you..


That's the nicest thing about handmade gifts..
it makes you think about the person you love every second of the process
you just focus on it.. and it gets even better when an idea comes up..


Though you told me it's over.. I never wanted to give up..
I'm sorry if I'm always impulsive..
always dominating..
and distrustful at times..
Although you told me to back off..by telling me how much it felt like a burden..
I wanted to chase on, but I realized that would only suffocate you..
 I'd kill the person I love in the process of getting what I want, something
I have been doing all these while..


And so I removed my presence.. against my will
Memories flash by every now and then, and like a sharp pain stabs me hard..
but I endure and smile on in class.. 
All I can do now is wait,

but..know this.


I still deeply love you,
and perhaps with time in exile,
it would mature to become something more affectionate
 and romantic than before.



 The love I had before seemed immature to me now..
 Hopefully, I'd be able to love you as an adult..
 With a more open and mature mind 

And I can only hope..
you'd open up and be willing to try again..
   

No comments: