Thursday, May 5, 2011

거울아 거울아 이 세상에 누가 제일 예쁘니?

Soooo..right. I'm back. Anyways,anyone ever wonder whats the use of a mirror?

I hear some of u thinking "Duh? To look at myself when I get up!" Well,aside from that.?

Another person says out loud with his thinking cap on : "To do science experiments? How bout driving?" And the list goes on and on~

Well regardless of what ur answer is,the general purpose of the mirror never changes. Its original purpose is to reflect,hence why its created. What people do with it,determines its next course of action,but the mirror itself is unchanged. Forever reflecting.

There are a few concepts worth noticing regarding the mirror :

1) The most famous being Self-reflecting "Reflecting on oneself's actions and thinking."

I'm sure that pretty much explains itself. U do something,then at the end of the day think back whether its the right decision or not. If u made an important decision to do something,u reflect to see if anything has gone wrong. This was one of the most important lesson handed down to me by my Standard 6 teacher. One of our homework to do everyday,was self-reflection. And I have been doing it till now,consciously or subconsciously.


2) The mirror,regardless of anything stays neutral. It mainly reflects what u show to it. But never becomes part of it.

This is the more recent concept that I discovered while sitting down day dreaming. As mentioned above,the mirror merely reflects what is shown. I believe we should try to be like a mirror sometimes when the situation calls for it. Though I can imagine some of u are already scoffing at this idea,probably thinking along the lines like : "This is absurd. Its not that easy in real life etc etc".

As for me,I'm hoping to put this theory into use. But hopefully I won't have to in the future. If a person gets into an argument,and is feeling awful inside..try to reflect all those negative thoughts like a mirror. And look for the positive light. Like wise when facing a difficult task ahead (for eg. an exam) try to reflect back all that stress to ur surrounding and look for a peace of mind to settle down ur thoughts.

Though its only the theory stage now,perhaps with some practical application..this 2 theory might actually work well hand in hand.

Don't worry,if it actually works..I'll let u know k?

*Btw I will lengthen this post once I come up with more philosophical thoughts. So check back once in awhile. For now I got a Gundam to train :D Hehehe,WHAT?! I'm human too k? AND I PLAY GAMES..ESCPECIALLY GUNDAM GAMES*



Till then ;)

No comments: